Monday, December 12, 2011

the dish

Has anyone tried this new restaurant called The Dish on Ashland Ave? Their online menu looks pretty good. They don%26#39;t serve lunch. www.thedishlexington.com



the dish


I have not dined their mind you but I frequent several bars that are close to this. For the past several weeks, there has hardly been anyone there and the waiters just standing around this bar stand. It appears pretty unprofessional. I would imagine it is hard times for restaurants with this economy. They have a menu posted at the door and it seemed like pretty typical cuisine and slightly above average prices.



the dish


I haven%26#39;t been yet. I have friends that have been 3 times. Twice they loved it and the last time they loathed it. They said it was packed the last time they went and the wait staff couldn%26#39;t handle it.



It seems like that location is just jinxed.




Is this the location where the Grotto restaurant was before it closed?




No, it%26#39;s on the next block where Rossi%26#39;s originally was. I believe Le Bistro was the name of the last restaurant.




I have been there, and oh my goodness, it is divine. I got a filet with a crayfish sauce. Definitely worth going. Much better food than some downtown.






Well, we tried it. There was nothing special about it. We have no interest in going back to The Dish.





They are open on Monday nights when some others downtown are closed....

No comments:

Post a Comment