Monday, December 12, 2011

Lexington Activities - Jan. 16th - 18th

Hello all!





I will be visiting Lexington this coming weekend by myself and I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for activities going on this weekend? (Preferably indoors, I think it%26#39;s going to be extremely cold)





I would love the inside scoop on maybe some plays going on in town?





I am already planning on hitting up Joseph-Beth and the Kentucky Theatre. :)



Lexington Activities - Jan. 16th - 18th


I am not too sure of specifics, but here are some suggestions...





Maybe check out a band at the Dame. (www.dameky.com) I think The Features are playing while you are here and they are pretty good.





Check out the Nude 2009 art exhibit (www.lexingtonartleague.com).





There is a new play about Mary Todd Lincoln that premiers on the 15th. It%26#39;s called The Last of Mrs. Lincoln. (www.studioplayers.com). Mary Todd Lincoln was Abraham Lincoln%26#39;s wife and a native of Lexington.





I don%26#39;t see too many special things going on around this time, but there should still be plenty to do while you are in town. Downtown has a lot to offer in terms of restaurants and bars, so I would reccommend spending some time down there. There are distilleries and historic homes to tour as well as art galleries and boutiques. Though Keeneland is not running, you should still check it out. There is always off track betting, but you may be able to see horses working out too. Let me know if you have any other questions. I hope you have a great time!



Lexington Activities - Jan. 16th - 18th


Might find something here as well.



http://www.kentucky.com/lexgo/

No comments:

Post a Comment