Monday, December 12, 2011

Looking for a good salad bar in Bowling Green...

I travel a lot for work and all day I have to be pretty sociable---when it%26#39;s time for dinner, most of the time I just want to grab a salad from a grocery salad bar in the area and take it back to my hotel room and watch the free HBO (it beats eating out at a nice restaurant in a strange city by myself). Does anyone have a recommendation for a nice grocery store salad bar? The closest Whole Foods with salad bar is in Nashville--and that%26#39;s a little too far just for a salad. I%26#39;ll be in Bowling Green for a couple of days and then I have to spend about 3-4 days in Hopkinsville, and I%26#39;ll be looking for the same there. If anyone has any salad bar suggestions or otherwise ideas for a healthy fare, I%26#39;d be grateful! Thanks!



Looking for a good salad bar in Bowling Green...


Unfortunately, there are no grocery store salad bars in Bowling Green, and very few salad bars at all. And we really are not into healthy eating.





However, any of the Kroger groceries have pre-made salads and other assorted foods for individuals to take home. And many of the restaurants have take out.





The best salad in town is downtown at Mariah%26#39;s Restaurant, and their menu is www.mariahs.com. You can actually order via internet and pick up or (for a fee) have it delivered to your hotel room. The house salad includes oven-roasted black-eyed peas. It is the only way I will eat black-eyed peas. Mariah%26#39;s has a separate entrance for take-out meals.





Another restaurant that has a good take-out service is Rafferty%26#39;s. Their menu is at www.raffertys.com. The last time I checked, they do not have internet ordering. But I have their phone number programmed into my cell phone and always call in what I want.





And if you do want to venture out to eat at a restaurant alone, Verdi Restaurant downtown on the square is the best in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment